United Church of Chapel Hill Seeks Youth Choir Assistant
United Church of Chapel Hill, UCC,a progressive Protestant parish of 1,000 members, seeks a part-time Youth Choir Assistant to engage with young musicians at UCCH and to support the Director of Music’s work with the Youth Choir. The candidate will be an accomplished pianist who is comfortable in a wide range of classical and popular styles, and who is eager to work with young people. The candidate will preferably have vocal training and choral experience, and will be knowledgeable in music theory, ear training and sight-singing.
- Serve as Collaborative Pianist for Youth Choir rehearsals, retreats, anthems in worship, and concerts.
- Conduct sectional rehearsals and occasionally conduct full rehearsals in the absence of the Director of Music.
- Teach in the church’s youth music education program, The Royal School of Church Music’s Voice for Life, including theory, aural skills and sight-singing.
- Serve as chaperone for Youth Choir summer trip and off-site retreats.
- Assist the Director of Music in supervisory and administrative tasks related to the Youth Choir.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- An accomplished pianist with experience as collaborative pianist
- A flexible musician who is comfortable in a wide range of musical styles, including, but not limited to, classical, contemporary, world music and gospel
- Knowledge of music theory and sight-singing principles
- Demonstrated ability to work with young people
- Vocal training and choral experience preferred
- Ability to play the organ a plus
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
The position is for 5 hours per week, to take place mostly on Sundays. On occasion, duties associated with special Youth Choir events will take place on other days of the week. Pay is $20-22 per hour. The anticipated start date is September 1, 2017.
More information can be found about United Church at unitedchurch.org.
Submit résumé and cover letter to Jenny Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Listing
TriangleSings will post jobs that are of interest to the local, vocal community of the Triangle, Triad and surrounding areas. Rates are just $40 per month, which includes being part of that month’s e-newsletter that goes out to over 2,500 subscribers. To submit your listing, please send details to email@example.com.