Watts Street Baptist Church Seeks Youth Choir Director
Availability: September 2017-May 2018
Direct the youth choir involving up to 20 youth between the ages of 12 and 18. This is a part-time position. It is estimated that the time commitment for this position would be approximately 5 hours per week. Compensation is $450.00 per month. Work environment in a progressive Baptist church located in Trinity Park near the Duke East Campus.
Description of Duties
- Be available on Sunday afternoons (4:00-5:00) to direct the Youth Choir and the occasional (no more than 1 per month) Sunday morning performances at worship (or occasionally at other youth events).
- Coordinate music selection and Youth Choir administration with other music ministry staff.
- Discuss choir-related matters with parents as needed.
- Collaborate and consult with other staff involved with music & youth ministries as needed.
Education and Experience
Experience working with youth and youth choirs. BA in music or equivalent work experience or certification in music education, or work toward such degree expected.
- Demonstrated musical and directing ability, preferably basic keyboard proficiency.
- Must understand the nuances of working with youth and their families, and possess the spirit and demeanor to create an inviting, loving, celebratory, directed environment.
- Must be able to work well and collaborate with the Minister for Youth and their Families, other music staff and volunteers to develop an engaging music ministry for our youth.
- Use music to deepen our worship experience and understanding of God in a progressive Christian setting.
Please provide a resume and/or CV. Finalists will be asked to audition with staff and choir members to get a better understanding of candidates’ skills.
Director of Music Ministries
More information about Watts Street can be found at www.wattsstreet.org.
Submit Your Listing
TriangleSings will post jobs that are of interest to the local, vocal community of the Triangle, Triad and surrounding areas. Rates are just $40 per month, which includes being part of that month’s e-newsletter that goes out to over 2,500 subscribers. To submit your listing, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.