Employment and Paid Opportunities
Cary Youth Voices – Artistic Director
Cary Youth Voices (CYV) is seeking an artistic director/choral conductor to lead a dynamic community children’s choir organization with an established 20-year history. CYV has three ensembles (Prep, Treble, and Concert) that serve different grade levels ranging from 2 – 12. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, selection of excellent choral music, scheduling/conducting rehearsals and performances, maintaining communication with participating families, recruiting future singers, and inspiring participants to grow in their musicality. The Artistic Director implements an education plan designed to enhance the singers’ musical skills and knowledge. Developing relationships with the students and their families is key! Creative problem-solving is a plus!
View Full Details About Cary Youth Voices - Artistic Director
• Conducting rehearsals and performances
• Seeking and implementing beneficial opportunities to perform beyond regular performances
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the CYV Board and parents
• Representing CYV at community events
• Recruiting and auditioning singers
• Coordinating summer outreach programs
• Coordinating with contracted staff to produce items such as rehearsal practice tracks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Ability to:
• Communicate through outstanding verbal and written skills
• Plan, coordinate, and implement overall development efforts of an arts organization
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Plan and organize work independently
• Prepare comprehensive reports and maintain related records
• Effectively influence and encourage people on a regular basis
The Ideal Candidate Has the Following Qualities:
• A passion for community music education in the Triangle Area
• A desire to join a small, yet passionate non-profit arts organization as a dedicated team player
• Interest in helping our organization grow and flourish as it moves forward in new ways after being successful for 20 years.
• Genuine enjoyment and love of children
• Experience in choral conducting with a Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Music
• Experience in working with children/youth of multiple ages
• Understanding of and experience with the pedagogy of children’s/youth’s choral/vocal technique
• Knowledge of children’s/youth choral repertoire
• Energetic and engaging personality, with eagerness to grow/develop the choir program
• Proficiency in piano / keyboard skills is a plus
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and positive communication skills
Please Include the Answers to These Questions with Your Application:
• Describe your past experience working with school-age students in a creative arts capacity. Include longevity, duties required, size of group and length of time working with said group(s).
• What is your specific experience with children and youth choirs?
References requested after initial conversation/advancement to next phase of hiring.
Finalists selected for interviews will be asked to submit video of their work in rehearsal and performance settings.
Part-time. Estimated hours per month ranges from 25 – 40. Salary range $15,000 – $21,000.
Salary determined upon education and experience; this job has the opportunity for a higher salary if the chosen candidate is interested in taking on choir administrative tasks. Discussion in the interview about this will flesh out this opportunity.
Cary Youth Voices has a long history in our community. Launched in 2000 as the Cary Children’s Concert Choir, under the umbrella of the Concert Singers of Cary, the original choir served 28 children in grades 3 through 6. As interest in the choir grew and the numbers of children auditioning swelled, additional choirs were added to serve youth in grades 2-12. In 2016, the Cary Children’s Concert Choirs became an independent non-profit group and the name was changed to Cary Youth Voices to better represent the age range of the close to 80 youth we now serve.
The vision of Cary Youth Voices is to provide opportunities for children and youth, boys and girls, from all segments of the greater Cary area to learn and perform as part of a professionally trained chorus. In addition, participants in the various choirs and their families are exposed to many diverse styles and types of song. Our singers learn to value the joy that singing brings to both their own lives and to the audiences for whom they perform
Interested Applicants Please Submit Cover Letter and Resume/CV to:
Submit Your Listing
TriangleSings will post jobs that are of interest to the local, vocal community of the Triangle, Triad and surrounding areas. Rates are just $40 per month, which includes being part of our weekly e-newsletter that goes out to over 3,000 subscribers.