Employment and Paid Opportunities
Staff Singers Needed for Duke University Chapel
Duke University Chapel is hiring staff singers in all voice parts for the 2019-2020 academic year. Currently, singers are needed for Evensong (rehearsals on Mondays 8:00-9:30 pm, services on Sundays 4:00 pm, with 2:30 call) and Vespers (rehearsals on Mondays 6:00-7:50 pm, services on Thursdays 7:00 pm, with 5:30 call). Remuneration is $50 per call with each service typically requiring 2 calls per week. Interested singers may audition for either service or both. For more information or to schedule an audition, please contact the Chapel Music office at 919-684-3898 or email@example.com.
Church of the Holy Family Seeks Parish Musician
Church of the Holy Family, located in Chapel Hill, is seeking a gifted keyboardist to provide music and accompaniment for scheduled worship services and other activities in support of the music ministry of the parish on Sundays and Holy Days. Holy Family is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive, safe environment for all employees. This position is available on either an interim or permanent basis. Holy Family’s piano is a well-maintained 7’ Steinway B. Our organ is a two-manual Zimmer with 12 ranks that was built for us in 1985 and restored in 2015. The specification and good acoustics make it well suited to basic organ literature and leading congregational singing.
- Experienced accompanist for ensembles and soloists
- Ability to accompany hymns from the organ and piano, as needed.
- Ability to provide preludes and postludes on piano or organ.
- Strong sight-reading skills
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to communicate well
- Proficiency in multiple genres and eras of music. The music ministry of Holy Family is shaped primarily by the rich musical tradition of Anglicanism but also includes contemporary choral repertoire, spirituals, and jazz.
- Ability to transpose
- Ability to improvise incidental music
- This position is supervised by the Director of Music. The successful applicant agrees to undergo a criminal background check.
- Serve as accompanist for the Choir in regular and special rehearsals, services, and extra performances as arranged.
- Provide preludes and postludes, accompaniment for hymns and psalms, and other support for cantors on both organ and piano as needed.
- Assist the Director of Music in finding a substitute when not available.
- Provide music for weddings and funerals (pending availability — additional compensation will be negotiated).
This position is part-time at 8-hours (generally: 4 hours on Sunday, 2 hours on Wednesday evening, and 2 hours of preparation — these commitments change during Holy Week, other holy days, and during the summer). Salary is very competitive and based on education and experience in keeping with established standards.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of at least three professional references directly to Dr. Bill Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Listing
TriangleSings will post jobs that are of interest to the local, vocal community of the Triangle, Triad and surrounding areas. Rates are just $40 per month, which includes being part of our weekly e-newsletter that goes out to over 3,000 subscribers.