200 Green St NE
Wilson, NC 27893
Participate in the 2018 Wilson Choral Festival
The annual Wilson Choral Festival is regional festival of volunteer choirs singing music written by and under the direction of composer and clinician Mary McDonald. This year we are fortunate to host Mary McDonald for an afternoon of fellowship and music-making. The event, taking place at First Methodist Church in Wilson, NC will begin with an afternoon rehearsal from 3-5PM. Following the massed afternoon rehearsal, members of the choir take a short dinner break. They will then present a concert open to the public at 6PM. The choir will performing works of the festival clinician, Mary McDonald.
- Lift Your Light; SATB | Monarch Music/Lorenz; 10/3285M | Fun, gospel style work with a cappella opening
- Then Sings My Soul; SATB | Hope Publishing/ C 5701 | Mary’s best seller!
- Hymn of Peace; SATB | Beckenhorst press / BP 1985 | An original composition with briefly quotes “Be Still My Soul”
- A Family of Love; SATB with children | Hope Publishing / C 6134 | Utilizes both children’s voices and handbells
- Fly Away Home; SATB | Glory Sound / 35028831
Clinician, Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald is well known in sacred music. With a career that spans over thirty‑five years, her songs appear in the catalogs of every major publisher of church music. More than 800 anthems, seasonal musicals, and keyboard collections testify to her significant contribution to sacred literature.
In 2000, Mary became the first ever woman President of the Southern Baptist Church Music Conference. In addition, she has served as accompanist for the Tennessee Men’s Chorale since 1985. Her greatest desire is “to give God glory for the songs He has allowed me to compose. He alone, is the true Creator behind my pen.”
In 2011, after serving as sacred music editor for The Lorenz Corporation in Dayton, Ohio for more than twenty years, Mary answered a new call. Now she takes her tremendous passion and love for music making directly to churches as an independent artist. She is in constant demand in churches across the nation for Composer Weekends.
To register, please visit our Choral Festival Website →